The expression “Mama said they’ll be days like this” is so true. We all have them. Days that are filled with non stop chores, activities, carpools, events, things breaking and work stuff. Therefore, putting a fancy dinner on the table is sometimes impossible. Most of us resort to ordering in, or dinner from a drive through. I don’t know about you, but take-out and delivery in Chicago has gotten EXPENSIVE. I also can’t stand spending money on mediocre food. As a food blogger I can also get slightly over zealous at times and I can see how SOME of my recipes can seem a little overwhelming to a busy person. I thought about creating a series of “Tough Day” dinners that someone could prepare in about 15 minutes, using minimal ingredients. I launched this recipe series using one of my favorite products, Chateau Foods Mini Potato Dumplings. Chateau is a local Chicago company that is over 90 years old and was started by immigrants.Chateau is currently owned and operated by the fourth generation of family and I couldn’t be more proud or excited to represent them. I work with Chateau to create delicious recipes using their “World’s Best Dumplings”. I have to say, I wowed myself with this creation.
This recipe is one of the easiest and most delicious recipes I have created. It only takes FOUR basic ingredients to make it along with some spices you should have on hand in your pantry. Here is what you need:
- 1 jar of your favorite Alfredo Sauce
- 1 package of Arugula & Spinach Mix, about 3 to 4 Cups
- 1 Bag of Chateau Mini Potato Dumplings (you can also sub gnocchi)
- 1 Bag of Frozen Corn or about 1 Cup of Corn cut from the cob
- 1 teaspoon each of garlic powder, paprika, salt, and black pepper
Can you believe this is all you need to make this? The total cost of these ingredients (not including the spices) was under $10.00! If you think the ingredients are easy, wait until you see how to make it. Here’s how:
- Saute corn in a skillet with olive oil, while you are sauteeing the corn, bring water for the dumplings to a boil and boil dumplings according to package directions.
- Add the salt, pepper, paprika and garlic powder to the corn.
- Add a couple handfuls of the spinach/arugula mix to the pan and saute with the corn.
- Add your jar of Alfredo sauce and let the mixture simmer.
- Meanwhile drain your dumplings and add to the sauce. Simmer for a couple minutes.
- Add a final handful of the spinach/arugula mixture and incorporate into the dish.
- I served this dish topped with parmesan cheese, this is optional.
I timed myself making this recipe and I was able to prepare the entire dish in just under 15 minutes. I cannot tell you how delicious this was. I went to photograph this dish and I came back to Mr. Tipsy over the skillet shoveling the rest into his mouth. He loved it too!
This will make a great “tough day” dinner for those days when you just can’t imagine getting a meal on the table. This is comfort food at its finest with little to no effort.
Chateau Dumplings can be found at most grocery stores in the Chicagoland area. Look for them in the frozen food aisle near the bread or potatoes. The Mini Dumplings are now at Jewel Osco. You can also order the dumplings online at ChateauFoods.com
You can sub gnocchi for the mini dumplings but I strongly encourage you to use these mini dumplings as they are fluffier and more flavorful than your average gnocchi. PLUS you will be supporting an awesome, family owned business!
For more recipes using Chateau Foods Products, Click the links below!
*Paid sponsorship with Chateau Foods, however all opinions are my own.