This is an old school recipe that I think needs to be brought back in style. It is easy, it is affordable and it is perfect for Fall. I can’t think of many people who wouldn’t love a savory dish of Fried Pork Chops with Apples and Onions. I anticipated that this recipe would take me a lot longer than it did. In fact, I think these Fried Pork Chops with Apples and Onions were on my table from start to finish in thirty minutes or less. You will need a few ingredients for this recipe, but most you should have on hand if you’re a person who cooks fairly regularly. I also would like to add that I used my favorite Chateau Bread Dumplings with this dish. These dumplings are optional, but they really elevate these Fried Pork Chops With Apples and Onions.
- 6 Boneless, Thinly Sliced Pork Chops
- 2 Eggs, Whisked
- 1 Medium Onion, Cut Into Slices
- 2 Apples, Cut Into Slices
- 2 C of Flour
- 1 T of Corn Starch
- 1 Pouch of Onion Soup Mix
- 1 Box of Chateau Bread Dumplings
- 4 T of Melted Butter
- Fresh Herbs, Optional, I used Lemon Thyme
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Butter and Oil for cooking.
- If using the Chateau Bread Dumplings, use a veggie steamer in a pot, add water, bring to a boil. Place dumplings on steamer and cover and allow to steam.
- Mix flour, corn starch and onion soup mix together.
- Bread your pork chops by dipping in egg wash, then the flour mixture and pressing the mixture into the chops well.
- In a skillet, using the oil or butter of your choosing, sauté the apples and onions until soft and browned. Add Salt and Pepper.
- Remove the apples and onions from the skillet, add more butter or oil. About 4 tablespoons.
- When the oil is hot, being frying your chops. They are thin, so they don’t need much time to cook. Roughly three minutes on each side.
- When the chops are all cooked, add the apples and onions back to the pan. If you’re using fresh herbs, add those in and let the oils from the herbs scent the dish. Turn off the heat.
- The dumplings should be done steaming. Place them on the plates, brush them with the melted butter. Top with the chops, apples and onions. You can add more herbs and a drizzle of butter if you like.
This is a savory dish that is just perfect for Fall. The crispy pork chops paired with the apples and onions and buttery dumplings are the perfect taste and texture. You can find the dumplings in your frozen food bread section of your local grocery.
For another great bread dumpling recipe, check out these Bread Dumpling Pizzas
*This post was sponsored by Chateau Foods, however all opinions about these delicious food are my own.