The belief that homemade Chicken Noodle Soup can cure sickness is not lost on me. It is thought that when you make a broth from bones, the nutrients from the bones can help heal your gut where they say that all sickness starts. I don’t know if this is true, but this Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup tastes so good that I believe it has magical healing properties. I used to make this soup before I got my Instant Pot and it would have to sit on the stove all day long simmering away. When we got the instant pot, I was able to make it in two hours versus 16 hours. The instant pot is a lifesaver when it comes to this soup. All you need to make this Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup is a whole chicken, some vegetables and a few other simple ingredients. This is a great recipe to freeze, share and to take for lunch, so don’t let the mass quantity scare you. Here is what you will need to make this Chicken Noodle Soup:
- 1 Whole Chicken
- 8 C of Water
- 2 Carrots, Diced
- 2 Onions, Diced
- 2 Stalks of Celery, Diced
- 2 Pouches of Goya Foods Sazon Seasoning
- 3 to 4 C of Cooked Noodles, I used Old Fashioned Egg Noodles
- Salt and Black Pepper
You will need an Instant Pot for this recipe. If you do not have one, you can simmer this on your stove for 14 to 16 hours on low, instead of the 120 minutes it takes in the instant pot. You follow the same exact steps except for the cooking time. The steps for this Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup is as follows:
- Set your instant pot to the saute setting, add some oil or butter to the pot and saute your carrots, onions and celery until soft.
- Add your Goya sazon seasoning packets and a little bit of salt and pepper.
- Next, add your whole chicken to the pot and cover the chicken with about 8 cups of water, or however much water fits in your pot.
- Close the lid and set the instant pot to the soup setting for 120 minutes.
- You can boil your noodles while your instant pot cooks.
- When the timer goes off I allow the instant pot to naturally release for about 30 minutes. I then do a quick release but I throw an older dish towel over the valve because of the amount of liquid there can be some spitting.
- Let the pot cool off, then carefully remove the pot.
- Place a strainer in a large bowl and strain the veggies and chicken out of the broth and reserve the broth.
- You can let the chicken cool and remove the meat from the bones of the chicken and add back to the broth. If you do not want to do this step, you can also add a couple of boneless skinless chicken breasts to the instant pot with a cup of the broth and cook on high pressure for 20 minutes and use that chicken for your soup.
- You can discard the carcass and the veggies as all the nutrients are in your magical broth.
- When you want to serve the soup, add some noodles to a bowl, add your broth and top with black pepper and a little dried dill if you choose.
This is the best soup so prepare to be wowed. You can freeze the broth separate from the noodles and it can be used for cooking or to make a bowl of soup at a later time. If you do not have an instant pot I highly recommend getting one. It is such a time saver and there are so many recipes you can make that are healthy and good for you. I hope you enjoy this one as much as we do.
For more great recipes CLICK HERE