Easy Asian Inspired Crab Cream Cheese Bites
I partnered with KA-ME brand Asian products to bring you this delicious and easy recipe. This recipe is made with simple ingredients. What I love about KA-ME brand is the quality Asian inspired ingredients that are easily accessible to everyone. Check out KA-ME Brand website for recipes and retail information.
This is a no cook recipe that anyone can make. This is a great recipe to keep the ingredients on hand for in case you have last minute company and need to throw an elegant and delicious recipe that takes no time at all to prepare.
There is a full, printable recipe at the end of this post. I will walk you through the easy steps here. The products I used from KA-ME are the following:
KA-ME stands for The Key To Asian Made Easy and I couldn’t agree more. The products are so easy to use and I love that I can order them on Amazon and get them in my usual grocery store. I also love that I can keep the products on hand to create easy dinner solutions as well as appetizers and snacks.
For this particular recipe in addition to the KA-ME ingredients you will need:
- 8 ounces of canned crab meat, drained well
- Green Onions
- Toasted Sesame Seeds
- 8 ounces of cream cheese, softened
You will make a cream cheese filling for this recipe and then your crab. I will also show you an easy way to use a ziploc bag to make a pastry bag to make your appetizer look even more elegant. Here are the steps for the cream cheese, exact measurements are in the printable recipe below.
- Add your cream cheese to a bowl
- Add the green onions, sesame seeds and the rice wine vinegar and combine well.
Next you are going to want to add your cream cheese to a plastic bag to make a make shift pastry bag to make your crackers look really elegant.
- Place a ziploc bag in a glass with a corner side down, then fold the sides over the glass.
- Add your cream cheese mixture to the glass
- when its time to use the cheese lift the bag and cut the tip and use the bag as a pastry bag
Using the glass makes the bag easier to fill and is less messy.
The next step is to make your crab mixture. This is very easy to do, exact measurements are in the printable recipe at the end of this post. Just make sure your crab is drained well.
- Add your crab meat to a bowl
- Add the hoisin sauce, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar and combine well
- Add your water chestnuts, sesame seeds and green onions and combine well
The next steps are super easy:
- Spread out your crackers
- Squeeze a dollop of cream cheese on each cracker make a small indentation in each dollop
- Use a spoon and add a scoop of the crab mixture to each cracker and sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onion
On the cracker these need to be served immediately. A second way to serve is to spread the cream cheese on a small platter, then top with the crab mixture and serve along side the KA-ME Rice Crackers. This is a great appetizer to serve during the holidays.
These products are available at all major retailers like Walmart, Publix and Kroger. KA-ME has so many wonderful sauces and noodles available that I keep a bunch on hand to make quick and easy meals. Their products are superior quality, easy to use and fit into any food budget. Please check their website for more delicious recipes.
Easy Asian Inspired Crab Cream Cheese Bites
An easy and fresh appetizer using crab and Asian flavors from KA-Me brand. Hoisin Sauce and Rice Wine Vinegar make these crab cream cheese bites tangy and delicious. You can make these as bite sized treats or as a dip.
- 1 6 ounce can of crab meat, drained
- 3 green onions, sliced thinly
- 2 Tablespoons of KA-ME brand Hoisin sauce
- 4 Tablespoons of KA-ME brand Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons of KA-ME brand Sesame Oil
- 3 Tablespoons of toasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 chopped KA-ME brand water chestnuts
- 1 Package of KA-ME brand Rice Crackers, any flavor
- 2 T of diced hot peppers (optional)
- 1 8oz package of cream cheese, softened
- Add your softened cream cheese to a bowl
- Add 1 T of sesame seeds and 1/3 of the green onions to the cream cheese
- Add 2 T of Rice Wine Vinegar and 1 T of sesame oil to the cream cheese and mix the cream cheese well until this is all combined.
- I then take a large ziploc bag and put it into a tall glass with the bottom corner facing down, fold the sides of the bag over the sides of the glass and add the cream cheese to the bag. Later we will cut the corner tip off and use this as a pastry bag.
- In a bowl, add the crab, water chestnuts, hoisin, the rest of the sesame oil and rice wine vinegar to the crab. Also the most of the remainder of the green onions and sesame seeds reserving some for the top of the crackers for presentation.
- Mix the crab well combining all the ingredients.
- Set your rice crackers out, cut the corner off the bag of cream cheese and squeeze about a quarter size amount of cream cheese on each cracker.
- With a spoon make a small indentation on each pat of cream cheese and top with the crab mixture.
- Top all of the crackers with the sesame seeds and green onions that are remaining.
- Serve immediately
- If you want you can spread the cream cheese mixture on a small platter and top with the crab meat and serve alongside the crackers as a party dip.
You must log in to post a comment.