I hosted an online cooking challenge where we had to come up with a semi healthy recipe, using Beans, Greens & Lean Proteins. You couldn’t use more than ten ingredients total, not counting salt, pepper or cooking oil.
I came up with this play on an Italian Sausage Sandwich. Turkey Italians, Cauliflower and Bean Giardiniera on top of a bed of Spinach. Check out the recipe below!
Prep Time – 15 Minutes
Cook Time – 15 Minutes
Serves – 4 to 6
Difficultly Level – Very Easy
Plus this recipe is so affordable, less than $15 from Aldi.
6 Turkey Italian Sausage
1 Head Of Cauliflower, Chopped Small
1 Can Of Garbanzo Beans, drained and rinsed
1 Can Of Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
1 Bottle Of Your Favorite Italian Dressing, I used Olive Garden Italian
6 Green Onions, Sliced
1 Carrot, Small Dice
Couple of handfuls of spinach.
- In a Large bowl combine the cauliflower, carrot, green onions, beans and Italian dressing. Toss to coat and refrigerate for one hour.
- Grill sausages, I used a Le Crueset skillet.
- When Sausages are cooked transfer to a plate.
- Toss the spinach on the pan you cooked the sausages on for a couple seconds.
- Later a plate with spinach, sausage and top with Giardiniera.
Boom! 8 Ingredients, Healthy, affordable, delicious !!