So this soup recipe has been going around the internet. After seeing it for the tenth time, I decided that I needed to check it out for myself. I knew the kids were into anything soup, so I tested it out on them. I decided to make my version in the instant pot, solely because I had forgotten to buy / defrost chicken for this recipe and cooking frozen chicken is one of the greatest things about the Instant Pot. This recipe called for the following ingredients:
- 1 lb of Chicken Thighs, Boneless, Skinless
- 6 to 8 Pieces of Cooked Bacon, Crumbled
- 1 C Each of Celery, Carrots and Onions, Diced
- 4 C of Chicken Broth
- 1 Packet of Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1 C of Heavy Cream
- 1 Can of Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 C Shredded Cheddar
- 1/2 Box Of Dry Spaghetti
- I used my instant pot to make this recipe. If you are cooking on the stove top, you can omit this step and just use cooked chicken for your recipe. I placed the frozen chicken thighs in my Instant Pot and 1/3 C of water and pressure cooked for 20 minutes. I released the steam and shredded the chicken. I then switched the Instant Pot to saute and complete the recipe. If you are cooking the stove, start from step two.
- Saute the celery, onions and carrots in some olive oil until soft. Add in the chicken broth and the chicken and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Whisk in the cream of chicken soup and ranch seasoning packet and simmer for another 10 to 15 minutes.
- Next, add in the spaghetti, bring to a boil and allow the spaghetti to cook until al dente.
- Add in the heavy cream and most of the cheddar cheese and the bacon.
- Serve in bowls and top with extra cheese and bacon.
As I said, I prepared the soup in my instant pot on the saute setting. It can easily be prepared in a crock pot by adding all the ingredients and cooking on low for 6 hours, except for the cheese and heavy cream. Add the cheese and cream the last twenty minutes.
I thought this soup was really delicious and easy and I loved that it was all done in one pot. Next time I will add some croutons to the top. The kids loved it also!