I order from Imperfect Produce which is a weekly or bi monthly produce delivery service that sells produce that farmer’s can’t sell. This delivery service has allowed me to find new and delicious ways to get fruits and veggies into our diet. This past week I received some cucumbers in my order and I wanted to find an easy way to use them for a lunch time snack. I spotted my basil plant on my deck and I decided to make some Cucumber Fries with a Spicy Sweet Dip.
This is an easy recipe that you can make with some basic ingredients.
- 1 Cucumber sliced into 3 inch long “fries”
- 1 C of Bottled Thousand Island Dressing
- 1/4 C of Fresh Basil, Minced
- 1 T of Sriracha
- 1 T of Honey
- 1 T of Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 t of Celery Salt
- 1 t of Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 t of Onion Powder
- 1 t of Dill
Now for the steps:
- Take the cucumber fries and place them in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl combine the Old Bay Seasoning, Celery Salt, Cracked Black Pepper, Dill and Onion Powder.
- Sprinkle the seasoning over the cucumbers and toss several times to coat well.
- Remove cucumbers from bowl and add the salad dressing, sriracha and honey to the bowl and whisk the ingredients together incorporating the remaining spices from the cucumbers.
- Stir in the fresh basil.
The many herbs and spices make this simple dish super delicious. I love the addition of the fresh basil. Paired with the spicy sriracha the basil adds a nice touch. I hope you enjoy this great lunch.
For another great recipe click here for my whipped goat cheese dip.