I wanted to use up a bunch of fruits and veggies I had on hand in the fridge. I thought a great low carb, healthy way to do this would be to make a fully loaded Harvest Guacamole. I was working on Thanksgiving recipes all week so I had a lot of the produce leftover from my weekly Imperfect Produce delivery. I decided to grab some ready made guacamole and top it with the ingredients I had on hand. This Harvest Guacamole made a great lunch and snack the next day. Here is what I used to make it:
- 2 8oz pouches of Ready Made Guacamole, I used the one from Aldi US.
- 1/4 C of Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 C of Pomegranate Seeds
- 2 T Green Onions, Sliced
- 2 T Purple Onions, Diced
- 1/4 C of Toasted Pepitas
- 1/4 C of Sun Dried Tomatoes
- 4 to 6 Cloves of Roasted Garlic
- 1 C of Shredded Napa Cabbage
- 1/4 C of Slice Chili and Jalapeño Peppers
- I had already had the garlic roasted and the tomatoes dried. If you don’t have these on hand, you can simply toss the tomatoes and garlic in olive oil and sea salt and bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
- The rest is simple, top your guacamole with the all the different fruits and veggies.
- Serve with chips or for a low carb version use carrots, celery or endive to eat.
This recipe was a sweet and salty delight to eat for lunch and to snack on. It was super healthy and would make a great meal or appetizer for someone doing keto or weight watchers too!
I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
For another delicious and easy recipe,check my recipe for Monkey Bread French Toast