I can’t remember who taught me how to make my Boneless, Skinless, Chicken Breasts this way but I am eternally grateful to whomever it was. It is such a simple process but it makes the BEST, JUICIEST, Chicken Breasts. Even if you’re not a fan of Chicken Breasts, because they are usually dry, let me teach you how to make Chicken Breasts this way and I promise you will be a convert.
Assemble your ingredients:
- 4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, if they are very thick, split them.
- 1/3 C of Kosher Salt
- 8 C of Luke Warm Water
- 1 Stick of Butter
- Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder & Paprika to taste
As you can see the ingredients are simple, it is the process that counts the most.
- Place your chicken breasts in a large bowl and cover with 8 C of Luke Warm water. the breasts need to be submerged.
- Stir into the bow the 1/3 C of the Kosher Salt.
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 to 425 degrees depending on how hot your oven gets.
- Let your chicken breasts sit on the counter for 15 to 20 minutes in the salt water.
- Drain your chicken breasts and pat them dry with paper towels. Make sure to rinse your sink well with very hot water and even give it a spray of bleach so there is no cross contamination and you don’t get sick.
- Cover a cookie sheet with foil and place the chicken on the sheet and brush the chicken really well with the butter.
- Pour the remaining butter over the chicken, or discard the rest, to avoid cross contamination do not use the butter for anything else.
- Season the breasts well with the salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika.
- Make sure your oven is very hot, this is key. Place your chicken in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes. Every oven is different. You should remove your chicken from the oven when it reaches a temp of about 150 to 160, it will continue to cook 5 to 10 degrees out of the oven. This helps the chicken from getting dry.
- This last step is the most important. Let the chicken rest for 20 minutes minimum. This allows the juices to redistribute before slicing it.
I make a big batch of this chicken every so often and use it throughout the week for recipes, salads and lunches. This will be the most flavorful and juiciest chicken you will have ever tasted. It makes for a great dinner on its own, a great salad topper, great for stir fry, chicken salad and a million other uses.
I hope you enjoy!!!
For another great recipe check out Crispy Potato Tacos!