Takes About 10 Minutes to assemble
20 Minutes for the Chick Peas
Stores for 3 to 5 days without the dressing mixed in
Level of Difficulty – Easy
The Bleu Cheese and Toasted Chick Peas in this recipe replaces the meat and you won’t miss it . This recipe is vegetarian friendly and perfect for a weeknight meal for those who honor Lent.
- 1/2 Head Iceberg Lettuce, torn into pieces
- 6 leaf lettuce leaves, torn into pieces
- 12 Grape Tomatoes, Halved
- 1/2 Small Red Onion, Minced
- 2 Hard Boiled Eggs
- 1/2 Cucumber, Sliced
- 4 Scallions, Minced
- 1 C Toasted Chickpeas (recipe to follow)
- 1/2 Avocado, Sliced
- Tipsy’s Super Special Dressing (recipe to follow)
- Layer salad as pictured.
- When serving , toss in bowl with dressing .
Toasted Chick Peas
- One can of Chick Peas, Drained, Rinsed and Dried Well.
- 1/4 C Olive Oil
- 1 t salt
- 1 t pepper
- 2 T Ranch Dressing Powder
- Rinse the chick peas well in a strainer. Dry well on a dish towel and then again on a paper towel.
- In a bowl toss the peas with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Spread on a foil covered cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 15 Minutes.
- Toss with ranch dressing mix when the come from the oven.
Tipsy’s Super Special Dressing
- Mix even amounts of Ranch and French dressing. Amazing!