I am constantly finding new ways to use my favorite product, Chateau Bread Dumplings. With it just being us two at home I hate buying bread. We use one or two pieces and the rest molds and goes to waste. Let’s face it, bread doesn’t freeze well either. It comes out of the freezer with a funky taste and a little soggy. The solution to this in my home, has been to stock up on Chateau Bread Dumplings. They freeze perfectly, it’s easy to take out one or two slices and they are super versatile. I have used them for sandwiches, breakfast recipes, pizza you name it. I have been experimenting with holiday recipes the last couple of weeks and I cam up with this decadent Monkey Bread French Toast, all from ingredients I had on hand. This french toast is definitely not a healthy one, its meant to be made for a special day, but you will want to make it all the time. Here is what you need to make the Monkey Bread French Toast:
- 1 Box of Chateau Bread Dumplings
- 2 Sticks of Salted Butter
- 1/2 C of Brown Sugar
- 3 T of Vanilla Extract
- 1 T of Cinnamon
- Powder Sugar
I made this recipe in a loaf pan, but you can also lay the slices out in a casserole dish. Make sure you spray whichever pan you use with nonstick spray.
- Place bread dumplings in your bread loaf pan.
- In a sauce pan melt the butter over low heat, then add the cinnamon, brown sugar and vanilla.
- Bring to a low simmer and whisk the entire time until the mixture is smooth.Be careful, this mixture gets very hot and can burn you.
- When the butter, brown sugar mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, pour it over the loaf of the bread dumplings.
- Cover with foil and bake in a 375 degree oven for thirty minutes.
- Carefully remove from oven and arrange the slices on a plate.
- Pour the remaining butter, brown sugar mixture over the slices and do a dusting of powdered sugar.
This will be your new “go to ” special occasion breakfast. I have to warn you, it is addicting. I hope you enjoy!
For another great dumpling recipe, check my recipe for meatballs and crispy potato dumplings.