I have been trying to cook, and eat, more vegetables. I recently signed up with Imperfect Produce and I am loving all the fresh produce I am getting every week. This week I was sent grape tomatoes and kale and I decided to do a play on one of my oldest recipes. This recipe is SO good, I still have an ex who begs to pay me to make it for him.
I think you will find this recipe super easy. The salty tomatoes pair so well with good quality pasta. Check it out for yourself!
- 3 pints of grape tomatoes, halved the length of the tomato
- 1 bunch of kale, remove the leafy part from the stems and rough chop
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- 2 T of mini capers
- 1 box of good quality spaghetti
- black pepper
- dried oregano
- garlic powder
- Toss the tomatoes and kale together with a couple of decent pours of olive oil, about 1/4 cup or less, just eyeball it. Then season liberally with the kosher salt and add some pepper.
- Spread the mixture on a sheet pan, make sure it is well spread out.
- Bake in your oven at 400 degrees for anywhere from 60 to 90 minutes. It is important to keep an eye on this. The tomatoes and kale should be slightly crispy looking but not burned.
- Boil your pasta according to package directions. Drain and reserve one cup of pasta water.
- In a deep skillet heat some olive oil and add the capers. Cook until slightly crisp.
- Add the tomato and kale, toss around and add the oregano.
- Add the pasta to the skillet and use tongs to coat the pasta with the mixture. Add the pasta water to slightly re-hydrate the tomato and help coat the pasta.
Serve with some crusty bread and parmesan cheese!
For a video tutorial see below