This is a great Appetizer or Brunch Dish. These Chateau Foods Bread Dumplings make a great base for this festive dish. Check out my fresh take on an old classic.
Chateau Foods Bread Dumplings
1/4 Lb Smoked Gravalax (I got mine at Aldi and used one package)
1/3 C Créme Fraîche
2 T Capers
2 T Butter
2 Cloves of Garlic
6 scallions cut into 4 inch strips
- Heat butter in a cast iron skillet.
- Add the Cloves of garlic to the butter and sauté for a minute or so.
- Add bread dumplings to the pan and toast on each side until golden brown.
- Layer scallions on a platter, top with Smoked Salmon Slices and top with the Créme Fraîche and capers.
- Place the toasted dumplings around the smoked salmon.
- Alternatively you can layer the salmon, scallions, Créme Fraîche and capers on each dumpling toast and serve on a platter.
*I choose to use Chateau Foods Bread dumplings instead of regular bread for this recipe for several reasons. One, they taste great. But there are more reasons:
- The dumpling base provides a great texture that accommodates the Salmon.
- The dumplings come frozen and I can use as many as I need and the rest can remain frozen, unlike bread where I end up wasting what I don’t use because regular bread doesn’t freeze well.
- Chateau Foods is a family owned local business that I love to support.
- The dumplings are a long time family favorite of The Tipsy’s. I love using old favorites to create new and unique dishes.
While the Bread Dumplings are similar to bread they have a slightly different flavor then a bread and a delightful texture. If you are not familiar they are a traditional Czech dish! Check them out!
*This is a sponsored post about a brand I have loved and used for many years. All opinions are my own! ♥️