A couple of weeks ago I signed up for Imperfect Produce, a company who delivers unwanted produce to your door. This is the produce stores won’t buy because it doesn’t LOOK perfect. On the outisde it may not be perfect, but I can assure, there is nothing wrong with it otherwise. For more information on Imperfect Produce CLICK HERE, I will also add a link at the bottom of this recipe that if you want to sign up you will get $10.00 off. So I have received two boxes of produce and I have been inspired to get creative with more fruits and vegetables in my cooking. I came up with this salad idea after being sent Brussel Sprouts, Limes and Pears. This is a super simple, tangy and delicious salad that can be made in 10 minutes or less, depending on your knife skills.
Serves 2 to 4
Keeps Well In The Fridge For A Week If You Keep The Dressing Separate
Prep Time 10 – 20 Minutes
Level Of Difficulty – Easy
- 1 lb of Brussel Sprouts, stems trimmed off, halved and cut into ribbons
- 2 Pears, Sliced, I left peels on
- 4 to 6 Leaves of Leaf Lettuce, Torn into small pieces
- 1/3 C Olive Oil
- 3 Limes, Juiced
- 1 tsp Lime Zest
- 1/4 C Either White/Red Wine/Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 T Honey
- 1 Small Red Onion, Minced VERY Fine
- 1 t chili powder
- 1 t salt
- 1t black pepper
- Toss the Sprouts with the Pears and Torn Leaf Lettuce.
- In a bowl whisk the vinegar with the honey and the lime juice.
- Whisk in the olive oil.
- Add in the onions and let macerate(soak) for a few minutes.
- Whisk in seasonings.
- Toss the dressing with as much of the salad as you are going to eat. Do not toss it all together at once if you want leftovers.
This salad is a true delight. Imperfect Produce has been a god send. If you would like to know more about Imperfect Produce and to receive $10.00 off your first order click this link, TIPSY DISCOUNT.