When I was young, Original Tipsy used to make me stuffed celery for a snack. When Original Tipsy made this for me she typically stuffed the celery with peanut butter or cheese. I decided to take it up a notch and make an adult friendly version so I came up with this dill cream cheese stuffed celery topped with muffaletta. The recipe requires very few ingredients:
- 4 Celery Stalks, washed and the strings removed from the celery backs.
- 1 brick of cream cheese, softened
- 2 T of dried dill
- 2 T of Butter, softened
- 1 envelope of Italian Salad Dressing mix
- 6 T of prepared muffaletta, I prefer Marconi Brand
The steps are even easier.
- Peel the back of the celery by using a potato peeler to take off the thick stringy parts.
- Whip the cream cheese with the butter and the dill and the Italian seasoning packet.
- spread the cream cheese in the celery, slice them into two-inch pieces and top them with muffaletta.
This makes a great party app, snack or lunch. There are lots of ways to make this dish your own. Get creative and enjoy!
For another fun snack check out these Cheese and Sausage Rye Toasts