There are just some nights you just don’t feel like cooking. If it’s been a long day the thought of dragging out ingredients and preparing a meal sounds exhausting. On the other hand, there are times that I am so hungry, that preparing a meal takes less time than waiting for a delivery. To solve both of these problems I have been creating recipes that I can make with little effort and take less time than a delivery. This veggie stir fry is one of those recipes. I recently started using Imperfect Produce and I often have lots of veggies on hand. I also work closely with Chateau Dumplings to create fun new recipes using their Worlds Best Dumplings! Since I had both on hand, I decided to throw together a quick and easy Asian inspired dinner for one.
This recipe can be made by even someone with little to no cooking skills. Here is what you need:
- 1/2 Of A Package of Chateau Mini Potato Dumplings
- 2 C of Bok Choy , Rough Chopped
- 1/2 C of Red Pepper, Diced
- 1/2 C Green Onions, Diced
- 1/2 C of Carrots, Diced
- 1/3 C of Your Favorite Teryaki Sauce
- 2 T of Sesame Seeds
- 2 T of Spicy Chili Paste (if you like it spicy, this can be omitted)
- 2 – 3 T of Sesame Oil
Once you dice your veggies, the rest is easy.
- Boil the dumplings according to package directions.
- Drain and let cool.
- Add your sesame oil to a skillet and stir fry the carrot and the red pepper.
- When the veggies are slightly soft, add the green onions and bok choy and give it a quick stir fry.
- Next, add the dumplings and let them get crisp on the sesame oil.
- Finally add your teryaki sauce and chili paste and just a few tablespoons of water.
- Let the mixture simmer in the sauce for a couple of minutes.
- Remove from the heat and top with extra green onions and the sesame seed.
This dish is very versatile, you can change up the veggies and add diferent inspired sauces to make it unique. This dish is definitely going into my regular rotation. Hope you enjoy!
For another great Asian Inspired Recipe, Check out my recipe for Pork Dumplings