I first had these cookies at a party I was catering for a family member. Their long time friend brought them and I couldn’t eat enough of them. She shared her recipe with me and there are several other versions on the Internet. This version is one I have adapted from the original, these are delicious but they are never quite as good as the first ones I had.
2 1/2 C of Flour
1 Stick of Butter, softened
1/4 C Crisco
1/2 C Sugar
2 t Vanilla Extract
2 t Salt
Maraschino Cherries, Halved
- Mix together all the ingredients except the flour. Whip until smooth.
- Slowly add the flour in 1/4 C at a time.
- Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and press a cherry half into each one.
- Bake at 350 for 15 Minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on pan for 20 min.
Enjoy with a cold glass of milk!