I read about an appetizer like this on a few different sites. I was inspired by this one from Genius Kitchen click here.
I took that recipe and a couple others and modified it to my liking. Here is my recipe but you can google marinated cheese and find lots of others. Make it your own!
2 8oz Sharp Cheddar Cheese Blocks, Halved horizontally and then halve the halves through the center, so you have 4 squares from each block
1 5oz Plain Goat Cheese
1 8oz Package Cream Cheese
1 small jar of green olives, rough chopped
1 small jar of quartered, marinated artichoke hearts
1 C of your Oil and Vinegar Based Dressing of your choice. I used a house vinaigrette
- In a bowl combine the olives, artichokes (don’t drain) and dressing.
- In a mixer or using a hand mixer whip the goat and cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Spread out your eight squares of cheddar and slather the cream/goat cheese mixture on each square .Press each square of cheese back to back .
- Place brick of cheese in a Tupperware and pour dressing mixture over it.
- Refrigerate overnight occasionally basting the dressing over the top of the cheeses.