A classic Pepper & Egg Sandwich makes for a great meatless supper. Serve with a bowl of soup or your favorite salad. The key to a great Pepper and Egg are perfectly scrambled eggs. Follow my tricks below to achieving eggs to die for!
Total Prep & Cooking Time – 20 Minutes
Must Be Eaten Immediately
Level of Difficulty – Easy
6 Eggs, let sit out for 30 min before cooking
4 T Cream Cheese, Softened
2 T of Milk
3 T Butter
Small splash of water
2 Green Peppers, sliced into large slices (4 slices per Pepper)
1 Small Purple Onion, Sliced
2 French Rolls, Toasted
- Whisk eggs with milk until foamy.
- Whisk in the splash of water.
- Heat non stick skillet and add the butter.
- Heat on skillet should be between medium and low.
- Add eggs slowly and let cover the bottom of the pan and let sit for 2 min.
- Slowly fold the eggs into one another repeatedly, when the eggs are nearly done, turn OFF the heat.
- Add the cream cheese, while the pan is still on the stove and fold eggs over and over until the cheese melts.
For The Peppers and Onions
- In a second skillet, or prepare before the eggs and set aside, add a little butter.
- Add the peppers and let soften on both sides , keep turning until each side is charred slightly.
- Add the onions and sauté until just soft.
- Place the peppers and onions on the toasted rolls and top with the eggs.