2 lbs of ground protein ( I used turkey)
1 Onion Diced
1 Apple Peeled and Diced
2 T of Olive Oil
1 T Chili Powder
1 T Garlic Salt
1 T Onion powder
1 T Dried Parsley
1 T Black Pepper
1 T Dried Sage
1 T Real Maple Syrup
- Saute Onions and Apples in 1 T of the olive oil. Saute just until slightly soft. Maybe 10 minutes. Let Cool
- Line a baking pan with foil and using a paper towel spread the 1 T of olive oil that’s remaining all over the foil.
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together, EXCEPT the Maple syrup.
- Spread the mixture to all edges of the pan and make sure you use the back of a spoon to spread it evenly.
- Drizzle the maple syrup across the whole mixture. I also add a little salt, pepper, and chili powder to the top.
- Heat oven to 375 and bake for 20 minutes.
- Sausage will shrink while baking.
- Let cool and cut into squares or triangles.
- These freeze really well and can be eaten cold or reheated in the microwave, used on sandwiches or eaten by themselves.