I love the idea of Sweet Tea but usually it’s too sweet for me. I made this version in my instant pot and it got all of the flavor from the tea leaves and I was able to adjust the sugar to my tastes. The pinch of baking soda is to tame down the bitterness of the tea.
6 green tea bags
2 t baking soda
1/3 C granulated sugar
1/4 C Honey
2 1inch hunks of fresh ginger (no need to peel)
2 Meyer or Regular Lemons, sliced
- Add tea, honey, sugar & ginger to instant pot.
- Add in 8 cups of cold water
- Set instant pot to Manual, high pressure and brew tea for 10 Minutes
- Using a strainer, strain tea into a pitcher with ice and lemons.
- Refrigerate for one hour.
- Pour over ice and fresh lemons.
- Keeps in fridge for one week, though it won’t last that long.