I made these stuffed pizza buns for a “Chicago Style” party I was catering and they were a huge hit! They sort of remind me of the famous Pequods Pizza here in Chicago with the charred crust. This is a simple recipe that will be the hit of the party or your dinner table. These also make a great after school snack.
Makes 12 Buns
Does not store well
Level of Difficulty – Easy
- 4 tubes of croissant dough
- 1 C Pizza Sauce
- 15 slices of pepperoni, cut into quarters
- 2 C Mozzarella Cheese
- Non Stick Spray
- Spray muffin tins well with non stick spray.
- Loosely press two croissants into each circle in the muffin pan.
- Par bake at 350 degrees for about 6 Minutes.
- Remove from oven and press a spoon into the center of each cup.
- Fill with sauce, cheese, pepperoni.
- Return to oven and bake for another 10 Minutes or until Cheese is brown.
You can add any toppings you choose.