I have learned many useful things since I started blogging and using Instagram. I would have to say that one of the most useful things I have learned on Instagram was this Iced Coffee recipe from my Instagram friend @southernatheart. If you are an Instagrammer, give her a follow, her stories are SO entertaining. Nikki “Southern At Heart” calls herself the coffee Queen, and after trying this recipe, I have to agree that she is in fact, a Queen. I added my own little touch to this recipe and it has saved me hundreds of dollars a month on my coffee pick me ups. This Iced Coffee will be better than any Iced Coffee you get from any coffee shop anywhere and it costs less that $1 a glass to make. You do need some specific supplies to make it, but it is all available on Amazon. Here is what you need to make this Iced Coffee.
- 1 Small Jar of Medaglia D’oro Instant Espresso
- I purchase mine on Amazon and I believe it is 3 jars for $12
- 1 C of Crushed Ice
- I use this awesome Lewis Ice Bag and Mallet I purchased on Amazon for under $20 because it makes the perfect slushie style ice.
- Any coffee creamer of your choice, I like all the Flavors from International Delight
- A 16 Ounce cup, I use a small mason jar
- 1/3 C of Luke Warm Water
If you get all the right supplies, the steps are easy.
- Crush your ice in the Lewis Ice Bag with the provided mallet.
- Add one cap full of the Instant Espresso to the water and mix well. Do not add water to the mix as this causes it to foam a lot and that is not good.
- Pour the crushed ice into the cup and finish with your flavored creamer of choice.
I hope you love this as much as I do. This has saved me so much money and it is easy and delicious. I also love that I am not making extra waste by using plastic cups and straws. It makes it especially convenient that you can buy everything on Amazon as well. Let me know how you like it!
For more great ideas follow me on Pinterest at The Tipsy Housewife!