Super Special Lemonade
Super Special Lemonade
Make some Super Special Lemonade by adding sweetened condensed milk to fresh squeezed lemon juice. This produces a perfectly sweet lemonade. This lemonade is super drinkable due to the slightly creamy taste of this thirst quenching drink. Having always been a fan of lemonade but not a fan of the overly sour flavor, this is the perfect solution to that problem. The full, printable recipe is at the bottom of this post I will just share a few fun facts and tips if you care to read.
I found out about this recipe from perusing my PInterest page. I made a version of the recipes I found and posted it to my Instagram. There is a similar drink in Brazil made with limes according to my Instagram followers. Here is another great lemonade recipe made with limes from the Brazilian Kitchen Abroad Blog. Thinking ahead, I will try to make this one as well, it looks so refreshing and delicious.
Spice Things Up
Additionally, you can make this drink into a happy hour favorite by adding your favorite libation. This drink will be a great grown up cocktail with the addition of a coconut rum, a flavored vodka or even a mild whiskey. I was even thinking that this would make a wonderful punch for a party both alcoholic and non alcoholic.
The Full, Printable Recipe for Super Special Lemonade
- 6 Fresh Lemons
- 1/4 cup of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 4 to 6 cups of ice
- 4 cups of water
- Add 4 cups of ice to a glass or plastic pitcher, wash, then slice 2 of your lemons into thin slices, add them to the pitcher, reserving a few slices for garnish on your glasses.
- In a bowl, squeeze the remaining lemons, add the white sugar and the sweetened, condensed milk. Whisk really well until the sugar dissolves. Taste the mixture and if you would like it sweeter or creamier, add more sugar or sweetened condensed milk and whisk again. Pour this into your pitcher.
- Add your 4 cups of water, stir well to combine, let chill for a few minutes. This can also keep in the fridge for several days.
- Fill glasses with ice, pour your super special lemonade into the glasses and garnish with the fresh lemon slices.
- If you would like to make this into an adult beverage you can add flavored vodka or a delicious coconut rum.
A great appetizer to serve with this lemonade are my two bite steak bites. You can find that recipe by CLICKING HERE. Enjoy the recipes!