My name is The Tipsy Housewife and I am a pickle addict. I had the vision for these Pickle Pinwheels for a very long time. I finally put the recipe together and I couldn’t be more pleased. Sweet or Dill any pickle will do in this dish. Here is what you need:
- 3 Cups of Pickles Sliced Thin, I used Dill
- 1 Brick of Cream Cheese, Room Temperature
- 2 T of Mayo
- 2 T of Dry Dill
- 2 T of Pickle Juice
- 1 Medium Purple Onion, Diced
- 1C Crushed French Fried Onions
- 6 Large Burrito Size Tortillas
- Place cream cheese, mayo, and pickle juice in a bowl and use a hand mixer to whip the cream cheese until it is light and fluffy.
- Mix in 1 Tablespoon of the Dried Dill.
- Take your tortillas and spread the cream cheese mixture over the entire tortilla making sure you get it to the edges.
- Spread the pickles, across the tortilla, leaving about an inch empty around the edges.
- Sprinkle purple onions over the pickles and then a few small pinches of the crispy onion and a sprinkle of dill.
- Start from one end and roll the tortillas up tightly. Use the cream cheese to seal the tortilla closed.
- This next step is important, wrap each tortilla tightly in plastic wrap very tightly. refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove tortillas from fridge and slice one to two inches slices on a diagonal.
- Arrange on a plate and sprinkle with dill and garnish with pickle.
These little pinwheels are perfect for a party or for a picnic. I promise even people who don’t like pickles will love them!
For another great recipe, check out my recipe for Pickle Dip