This recipe is for everyone who can’t bake, or hates baking. These Southern Apple Pie Bites require few ingredients and can be made in a pinch. You can switch out the Apples for any pie filling, they are very versatile. What makes them Southern is the addition of the sharp cheddar cheese. Trust me, the combination of the cheese and apples is perfection. Here is what you will need to make these Southern Apple Pie Bites.
- 2 tubes of Refrigerated Crescent Rolls
- 1 21oz can of Apple Pie Filling
- 1 C of Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Cooking Spray
You will need mini muffin tins to make this recipe. The steps are unbelievably easy, here is what you do:
- Spray your muffin tins with the cooking spray.
- Break off bits of the dough from the tube of the crescent roll, you will need enough to roll a one inch sized ball.
- Roll the dough into a ball and then flatten out in a circle to a silver dollar sized circle. They don’t have to be perfect.
- Press the circle of dough in to the muffin pan. Repeat until they are all filled.
- Sprinkle a little cheddar cheese into each dough cup.
- In a bowl, use kitchen shears to break up the apples in the pie filling to smaller, bites.
- Add about a tablespoon of pie filling to each dough cup.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool in the pan, remove from the pan and sprinkle with cinnamon.
This recipe is perfect for brunches, holiday dessert table or even just a sweet snack for during the week. For parties, you can make a variety of pie filling, just omit the cheese. Kids love these too!
I hope you make them and enjoy them as much as we do!
If you would like another great recipe, check out my recipe for Quick and Easy Thanksgiving Stuffing.