I had the luxury of growing up with my grandma right down the block from me. Grandma is still alive and well but retired to a sleepy little town in Illinois. During the week I would walk over for dinner and this chicken bake was one of her signature dishes. I’m pretty sure she got the recipe from the back of a soup can of some sort , but it’s still elegant and delicious. This dish will make a great weeknight meal, Sunday supper or holiday dish.
- Serves 4
- Prep time – 10 min
- Keeps for one week
- Level of Difficulty – Easy
2 chicken breasts , sliced into 6 cutlets
8 slices of Swiss Cheese
1 Can Of Cream Of Chicken Soup
1/3 C of White Wine
1 C Cooked White Rice
1 T Garlic Powder
1 T Dried Parsley
1 t salt
Black Pepper to Taste
Sprinkle of Dill
- Spread rice in the bottom of a cast iron skillet or a casserole dish.
- Place Chicken cutlets on top.
- Place Swiss cheese slices on top of the entire dish.
- Whisk the soup, wine, and seasonings until smooth.
- Pour over the Swiss, Chicken and Rice.
- Cover dish tightly with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for one hour.
- Remove foil and bake for 15 to 20 more minutes until top is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with more pepper and dill.
This dish will make you so happy! Smile and eat!