If I have said it once, I’ve said it 100 times. I can’t bake. So when I saw these brownies all over Pinterest I knew two things: I had to make them and I needed to find a shortcut. This is where box and ready-made mixes come in. This recipe required three things:
- One Box of Fudge Brownie Mix – Plus the egg water and oil to make the mix.
- 1 Package of Tollhouse Cookie Dough
- 1 Package of Oreo Cookies
- Prepare the brownie mix as it directs on the package and set aside.
- Let the cookie dough soften.
- Prepare a 9 x 9 Baking pan with non stick spray or oil.
- Spread the cookie dough in the bottom of the pan and a little up the sides of the dish. The cookie dough should be about 1/2 inch thick.
- Place the oreo cookies in a ziplock bag , close the bag, cover with a dish towel and use something heavy to crush up the cookies so that there is a mix of finely crushed cookies and some large chunks.
- Pour the prepared brownie mix over the cookie dough.
- Top with the crushed up oreo cookies.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 to 40 minutes. Every oven is different so check on them often and use a toothpick to check the center before taking them out.
These brownies are a decadent treat. They tasted even better with some vanilla ice cream on top and whipped cream. The simple steps make it a great dessert to make in a pinch or for a special last-minute after school snack.
For another great, easy dessert for challenged bakers, check out my recipe for Chocolate Cake
If you are on Pinterest give me a FOLLOW!