Halloween Taco Dip
It’s nearly October, my birthday month! It also means that it’s almost Halloween. I am gathering recipes to make for the big day that are festive, easy and delicious. If you’re anything like me you love a good taco dip. After seeing lots of fun Halloween Taco Dip recipes on Pinterest, I decided to have a go at this Halloween Taco Dip design I was seeing all over my Pinterest feed! If you have been following me for some time you know that I have made a Taco Dip recipe many times before. This time I wanted to use up some of my Imperfect Produce and try my hand at this fun spider web design for Halloween. Here is what you will need for this festive and delicious Halloween Taco Dip.
- 1 Can of Frito Lay Bean Dip (found in the chip aisle)
- 1 C of Prepared Guacamole
- 1 C of Sour Cream + 1/2 C for making the web.
- 1 Pouch of Taco Seasoning
- 8 to 10 Black Olives, reserve two to make the spider, dice or slice the rest
- 1 C of Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Tomato, Seeded and Dices
- 1 C of Kale, shredded very thin.
Once you gather your ingredients, here is what you will need to do to make the Halloween Taco Dip:
Steps (step by step pictures below)
- I used an 8″ plate for this recipe, begin by spreading the bean dip across the whole plate.
- Next mix the 1 C of Sour Cream with the taco seasoning. Spread this sour cream in about a 2 inch ring around the outside of the plate.
- On top of the beans and just in the center of the sour cream ring, spread the guacamole.
- Next, take your 1/2 C of sour cream and put it into a ziploc bag all into one corner. Cut a very small piece off the corner and use the bag to draw the spider web on top of the guacamole.
- Sprinkle the kale, cheese, tomato and olives on top of the sour cream.
- To make your spider, place one whole black olive in the center of the web, then slice the other olive into 8 thin strips to make the legs.
That is all you need to do to make this Happy Halloween Taco Dip! Serve with your favorite tortilla chips and or fresh veggies! I think that children and adults will be delighted with this appetizer!
For another great dip, try my recipe for Wedge Salad Dip.