Dill Pickle Flat Breads
Thank you Castello Cheese for sponsoring this post. Enjoy this delicious recipe with your favorite Castello Cheese products today!
I was recently asked to partner with one of my favorite cheese companies, Castello Cheese, to bring you a great recipe using their Castello Dill Havarti. I have been eating and using Castello Cheese in my recipes for years, so naturally I said yes. What I love about Castello Cheese is they have so many varieties that there is always one that everyone will love. I chose the Dill Havarti because of its mild, buttery taste and I love the dill in it because of its fresh flavor. You can find these cheeses at most grocery stores and you can check their websitefor retail information.
I recently saw a restaurant offering a dill pickle pizza and as a lover of dill pickles, I knew this was something I wanted to create at home. The Castello Dill Havarti was perfect for this recipe. It’s as if it was meant to be. The ingredients for this recipe are simple and it takes about 15 minutes to create, so it’s perfect for a quick lunch or dinner, or when you have guests and need a fast appetizer.
Here is what you will need to make these Dill Pickle Flabreads
- 1 Package of Castello Dill Havarti
- 4 Mini Naan Breads
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Cup of Arugula
- 1 Lemon
- 2 T of Capers
- 1/2 Cup or so of thinly sliced dill pickle rounds
You will need a zester for the lemon zest and a cheese grater for this recipe, in addition to a baking pan covered in foil. If you do not have a zester, you can use a cheese grater for the lemon zest part or you can omit this step if you need to. The recipe will still be delicious.
Here is what you need to do to make this recipe:
- Grate the entire package of Castello Dill Havarti cheese.
- Brush your four naan breads with the olive oil, then sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Bake the naan breads in a 375-degree oven for about five minutes, or until they crisp up just a little.
- Remove the naan from the oven and sprinkle each one with the Castello Dill Havarti
- Place as many pickle slices on each naan as you like (I used about 3 to 5 slices per bread).
- Place back in the oven and bake for about 5 to 7 minutes. The Castello Dill Havarti is so creamy and buttery that it melts beautifully. You can leave it creamy or you can let it get golden brown. I prefer it to be very creamy when I am ready to serve.
- Remove the naan breads from the oven, zest some of the lemon on top of each one, then top with as much or as little arugula as you like.
- Add a sprinkle of the capers and another dash of the lemon zest and some black pepper.
That is all you need to do to make this delicious recipe. You will love the fresh tangy taste of this Dill Havarti. This recipe makes a great meal, snack, or appetizer that will impress any guest. I hope you love it as much as I did!
Happy Eating, Love Tipsy