Cheater Chicken Parmesan ~ A Tipsy Tuesday Tip
I love a good Chicken Parmesan dish, but frankly it’s A LOT of messy work to make it. Made the traditional way, it’s definitely not a recipe for a busy work week. So what do you do when you’re craving this dish and don’t want the fuss that comes with making it? You make a Cheater Chicken Parmesan and that is this week’s Tipsy Tuesday Tip. I got creative and did a little food research and came up with what I think is a pretty solid representation of the dish. All you need are a few simple ingredients. I got all of my makings for this dish at Aldi for about twenty dollars. I spent about 30 minutes of time, including cook time, to make it.
Here is what you will need:
- 1 Bag of Frozen Chicken Tenders, I bought Parmesan crusted tenders from Aldi. All together you will need about 10 chicken tenders.
- 1 Jar of your favorite Spaghetti Sauce
- 1 Large Piece of Fresh Mozzarella
- Fresh or Dried Basil
Now the steps are simple.
- Cook your chicken tenders according to package directions. I flipped mine over halfway through cooking so both sides were tender.
- Removed the tenders from the oven and working carefully, push two tenders close together and or slightly over lap them. My package of tenders had some larger pieces so I only needed to combine a few of them.
- Spread the jar sauce on top of the chicken tenders.
- Slice your fresh mozzarella into 1/4 inch slices and top the sauce covered tenders with the cheese.
- I used fresh basil so sliced the basil leaves into ribbons and sprinkled them all over the chicken tenders.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Top with more fresh basil.
This recipe was absolutely delicious. You can serve it with your favorite pasta, or eat it on its own, which is what we did. This makes a great light dinner when served with a nice salad as well. You don’t have to tell anyone that you used chicken tenders, people will just compliment your amazing cooking skills. I hope you enjoy making it and eating it!
For another great Tipsy Tuesday Tip check out my recipe for the perfect NO MESS BLT