Food brings comfort to many in difficult situations. It helps people who are suffering by nourishing them and taking a chore off their list when just breathing seems impossible. It helps people who know friends and family that are suffering by giving them something to do in order to try and bring comfort to people they care about in an uncomfortable situation. Recent events in my own life had me thinking and are the reason for this Taco Pie recipe. It seemed like a comforting recipe that was simple, inexpensive, easy to heat up and something that would keep well for a few days. This Taco Pie isn’t only for sad times, it also makes a great weeknight meal, potluck dish and simple supper for Halloween night. Here is what you will need:
- 2 Boxes of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/3C of Sour Cream, split
- 1/3 C of Milk
- 2 lbs of Ground Beef
- 1 10oz Can of Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilis
- 1 Packet of Taco Seasoning
- 3 C of Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 C of Lettuce, Shredded
- 1 C of Salsa
- In a skillet prepare your taco meat according to the packet. Brown your ground beef, add the taco seasoning packet and only 1/2 the amount of water it calls for. Cook until any liquid is evaporated.
- Meanwhile, heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl combine your 2 Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix, 2 Eggs, 1/3 C of milk, 1/3 C of Sour Cream in a bowl. If the mixture doesn’t look wet enough add a couple more tablespoons of sour cream to the mix.
- In a 15 x 10 Casserole dish, spray with non stick spray, then layer the meat on the bottom.
- Drain your can of tomatoes and spread on top of the meat mixture.
- Spread the corn muffin mix across the top and spread with a spoon. I sprayed a spoon with non stick spray to help spread the muffin mix.
- Top with 2 C of Cheddar Cheese across the whole top. You can use less or more if you like.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until the corn bread is firm in the middle.
- Let cool for 20 minutes.Slice into squares and top with sour cream, lettuce, cheese and salsa.
As you can see this Taco Pie recipe is super easy and delicious. It also keeps very well in the fridge for a few days. This is a great dish to bring to someone who needs a meal too! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
For another great recipe check out the recipe for Harvest Guacamole.
October 24, 2018 at 1:38 pm
how can I print your recipe or put on pinterest?
October 24, 2018 at 2:02 pm
The recipe is on Pinterest my name is The Tipsy Housewife it’s under Best Of The Tipsy Housewife. I’m working on a print option for my blog I’m so sorry. But you can highlight it all on here and print.
Broccoli Cheese Casserole – The Tipsy Housewife
October 25, 2018 at 4:26 am
[…] For another great casserole, check out my recipe for Taco Pie. […]
January 28, 2020 at 9:34 am
Can you halve the recipe for only one LB of ground beef?
January 28, 2020 at 9:35 am
Yes just reduce it all
You must log in to post a comment.