A lot of my recipe inspiration comes from my family. I have been blessed with a large family and our holidays are filled with food traditions and memories. One of my many Aunt’s, makes some of my favorite dishes. We call her Boo Boo Barb and some of you may be familiar with her Spaghetti Sauce. The Boo Boo Barb Spaghetti Sauce is one of my most popular recipes on the blog. Another recipe she makes that is a family favorite, is her Broccoli Cheese Casserole. It is practically the only way I will eat broccoli. This Broccoli Cheese Casserole is perfect for a weeknight meal, a super side dish, and will make a great holiday tradition. This is also a hearty dinner for anyone who is a vegetarian. I added rice to this recipe, Boo Boo Bard does not have rice in hers. Feel free to choose what you like for your variation. Here is what you will need to make the Broccoli Cheese Casserole:
- 2 10oz Packages of Frozen Chopped Broccoli
- 1 Stack of Ritz Crackers, crushed
- 1 Stick of Melted Butter
- 1 Can of Mushroom Soup
- Parmesan Cheese
- Dried Minced Onion
- 1 C of Cooked White Rice
- 1/2 lb of Velveeta Cheese Sliced
- Spray a casserole dish with nonstick spray.
- Add the broccoli and sprinkle with the minced onion and parmesan cheese.
- Add in the mushroom soup, velveeta cheese and white rice and mix well.
- Mix the crushed crackers with the melted stick of butter.
- Add half the crackers to the mixture and stir in.
- Top the casserole with the rest of the crackers.
- Bake at 350 degrees, uncovered, for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!
This is a fantastic recipe to serve with chicken or any protein of your choice. It is also enough to be served on its own. This also makes a great Thanksgiving side dish. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
For another great casserole, check out my recipe for Taco Pie.