Dumplings In A Bowl, All The Great Flavors Without The Work
All The Flavor, None Of The Work
We love to eat dumplings but making them by hand can take a lot of work. I decided to make this dumplings in a bowl dish that gives all the great flavors of dumplings without the work. The beauty of this recipe is that you can use any ground protein, but I prefer to use ground chicken or ground pork. All of the ingredients are easy to find. You can make this dish spicy or mild. The full, printable version of this recipe is posted at the end of this post. I will walk you through a few helpful hints.
Lasagna Noodles Are The Secret Ingredient
The filling for this recipe is a pretty typical dumpling filling recipe. What makes this recipe is easy is using broken boiled lasagna noodles in place of stuffing won ton wrappers. You can use any pasta that you prefer if you don’t happen to have lasagna noodles on hand, but I think the lasagna noodles work best. This way you get those great flavors of dumplings without all of the work of stuffing regular won ton noodles.
Crunch and Spice
While I include ingredients like water chestnuts and peppers, you can use any kind of vegetables you prefer. This recipe can be very versatile based on what veggies you have on hand. I love to use snow peas, I chop them up into smaller bites, but you can use them whole if you prefer. This will save you time during your prep.
Choose Your Toppings
You can see above all the ingredients that I use for this recipe. Use any toppings that you prefer, but I like to top this bowl with. chopped peanuts, green onions and some General Tso’s sauce. For a spicy touch, also add chili peppers or other kinds of nuts. Toasted sesame seeds are also a nice touch. If it is Summer and you have access to fresh basil or fresh mint, these also add great flavor.
The Official Printable Recipe
- 2 lbs ground chicken or ground pork
- 1 red onion diced
- 5 green onions, white and green pets sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- Veggie oil and sesame oil
- 12 lasagna noodle broken into smaller pieces
- Sugar snap peas sliced into bite sized pieces
- 1 can of water chestnuts, diced up
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sriracha
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Chili flakes to taste
- Optional toppings sesame seeds, peanuts, green onions and General Tso’s sauce from a jar
- brown the ground chicken with garlic in some sesame and veggie oil.
- add the green onions, water chestnuts, sugar snap peas and sauté for a few minutes
- season the whole skillet with chili fall, salt, pepper and ground ginger, sauté for a few minutes more
- add the sriracha, soy sauce, and brown sugar, plus the red onion , bring to a simmer and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes
- boil your broken up lasagna noodles, then drain and add to the skillet
- top the plated dish with green onions, sesame seed, peanuts and a drizzle of the sauce
A Great Make Ahead Meal Plan
This is a great recipe for any time of year. You can keep the ingredients for this recipe on hand because this recipe is a great last minute recipe. If you are watching your carbs this is also a good one if you decide to leave out the pasta. I hope you like this recipe as much as we do.
For Other Great Recipes Visit Me On Social Media
You can find me on Instagram @thetipsyhousewife
You can find me on Pinterest at The Tipsy Housewife
You can find me on Facebook @tipsywife