No Cook Fresh Tomato Pasta
No Cooking = A Great Summer Meal
I love this No Cook Tomato Pasta recipe for many reasons. One, it is absolutely delicious and has all the flavors of Summer. Two, this recipe literally calls for you to dice up your tomatoes, toss them with a few ingredients and leave them on your counter all day to marinate. The tomatoes plus the salt you will use creates a delicious liquid that will soak into your warm pasta. No cook tomato pasta is great for Summer.
Fresh Is Best When It Comes To No Cook Tomato Pasta & Is Great For Summer
We all know that Summertime is the best time for tomatoes. I love to use fresh grape or cherry tomatoes in this recipe. The sweetness of the tomatoes combined with the saltiness and the fresh garlic make it a perfect combination. This is a great recipe to use up all those Summer tomatoes and basil from your garden. No cook tomato pasta is great for Summer.
Any Tomato Will Do
While my recipe calls for grape or cherry tomatoes, you can use any tomatoes you prefer. Any tomato works in this recipe. I would imagine that delicious heirloom tomatoes would be as, if not more delicious as the cherry and grape tomatoes. Use whatever tomatoes you have on hand or that your local grocery store has on special.
Basil Or Bust
My recipe calls for basil, but really any herb will do. I make this recipe with oregano, lemon basil, thai basil, or even fresh parsley. Any fresh herb from your garden will be delicious. I love the sweetness of the basil combined with the sweet tomatoes.
Let The Counter Do The Cooking
The beauty of this recipe is that it only requires you to cook the pasta of your choice. The tomatoes and other ingredients you will see in the printable recipe below, sit on the counter loosely covered all day creating a delicious tomato broth that you will toss with your warm pasta.
Now For The Recipe
You can get the full printable recipe below. I love serving this dish topped with more fresh basil and fresh grated parmesan. You can pair this recipe with some crusty bread and creamy butter or olive oil. This will be your new Summer “go to” recipe.
- 4 Cups of Diced Tomatoes (Cherry or Grape)
- 4 to 6 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of Kosher salt
- 1 cup of fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil (optional)
- 1 box of cooked spaghetti or pasta of your choice
- Parmesan Cheese for the topping
- Dice your cherry or grape tomatoes into quarters and add to a large bowl
- Sprinkle with the Kosher salt and stir well to get the salt distributed on all the tomatoes.
- Mince your garlic or use a garlic press and add it to the bowl of tomatoes, toss well to combine
- Add in a handful or two of minced basil, stir again to combine.
- Cover the bowl loosely with saran wrap and let sit on counter six to eight hours. You can stir occasionally.
- When you are ready to eat, your tomatoes should have created a decent amount of liquid in the bottom of bowl. Boil the pasta of your choice in salted water, drain and combine with the tomatoes and tomato juice. Top with more fresh basil and parmesan cheese.
Looking For More Easy Recipes?
Check out all the recipes I share on my Instagram @thetipsyhousewife
Some of my other favorite and easy recipes are: