Cheesy Corn Fritters
I met this wonderful family who own Goode Foods. They sell canned vegetables that have no added sugar and all the beans and vegetables are grown right here in the USA. They taste so fresh and delicious. I have been using their canned vegetables for a couple of years now. I especially love that there is minimal sodium and not much added so that the seasonings in my recipes really shine through. You can learn more about Goode Foods, their wonderful story as well as find a retailer that sells their products by going to their website at GoodeFoods.com
I had been having a taste for corn fritters so when Goode Foods asked me to partner with them to create a recipe, it was a perfect match. These cheesy corn fritters make a great appetizer. You can make a large batch ahead of time, freeze them and reheat them in your air fryer, toaster oven or conventional oven. Though they taste really great fresh out of the skillet.
The full written and printable recipe is posted below.
- 2 Cans of Good Quality Corn
- 1.5 Cups Shredded Cheddar
- 1 Cup of All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Black Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Dried Parsley
- 1 Cup of Sour Cream
- Juice From One Lime
- Lime slices for garnish
- 4 Green Onions
- About 1 cup of vegetable oil for frying.
- Drain the corn and add to a bowl with the flour, sugar, baking powder and season to your taste with the salt, pepper, onion and garlic powders, paprika,
- Whisk the two eggs with the heavy cream and add to the bowl with the corn. Stir to combine. Add in the shredded cheese, fold into the corn mix.
- Heat your oil in a deep sided skillet, using a ice cream scooper or large spoon, add about 3 table spoon amounts of the corn mixture to the hot oil. You can add about 4 to a pan at a time. Fry for about 3 minutes on each side. Flip carefully, Your pan should be at medium/high heat.
- Remove the fritters from the pan and drain on a plate lined with paper towels.
- In a bowl add your sour cream, juice of lime, some paprika, salt and pepper. Top corn fritters with the sour cream and green onions.
The inside of these fritters is so light, airy and creamy from the addition of cheese. These fritters can be made ahead of time, frozen then reheated in your air fryer, toaster oven or conventional oven. These are a great appetizer to make for parties!