Spooky Ham and Cheese Tart
Spooky Ham and Cheese Tart
This spooky ham and cheese tart is an easy Halloween treat. Made with shaved deli ham, a jar of your favorite Alfredo sauce, crescent rolls, mozzarella cheese and some black beans for decor. This bakes up quickly and will delight your family.
The full, printable recipe is at the end of this post. I also have a Pinterest button for you on the top right hand corner so that you can easily pin this to your Pinterest page. I am also on Pinterest, so if you would like to give me a follow over there, you can find me there as The Tipsy Housewife.
Perfection Is Overrated
As you can see the ghosts are not perfectly melted as I had hoped. Next time I will have the cheese cut thicker so that they are a more obvious shape. Although, when I shared this to Instagram, everyone loved the ghost shape and said that it made it look even spookier. Progress not perfection right?
Ghost Cookie Cutter
I ordered this ghost cookie cutter off amazon. I added this to my Amazon Storefront so you can easily find it. You can find that by clicking here. I have to disclose that this is an affiliate link which means that Amazon pays me a small commission for every sale. This will cost you nothing extra. I have also used this cookie cutter to cut cheese for on top of frozen pizza to make it more festive.
The Amount of Alfredo Is Debateable
I like to use the Rao’s brand Alfredo sauce for this recipe. It is definitely more expensive, bit since you use a small amount, I think it is worth the splurge. I use about 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup. You can use as much or as little as you prefer. Remember not to us TOO much as you don’t want your crescent roll base soggy.
Shave Deli Ham
Make sure you get your deli ham very thinly cut for this. I would even ask for it shaved. I use the polish ham for this as I do not want any kind of sweet honey or brown sugar to interfere with the Alfredo sauce flavor.
- 1 Pillsbury Crescent Dough Sheet, Or enough crescent rolls to fill a small baking pan. (Approximately 9.5x6.5)
- Approximately 1/2 cup of prepared Alfredo sauce, you can use less or more.
- 3/4 lb of shaved deli ham
- 6 to 8 slices of mozzarella cheese (get them sliced thicker if you want a more predominant ghost shape that is less melty)
- Black Beans
- *Use a ghost cookie cutter or print out a ghost to trace on the cheese
- **Cookie cutter I used is linked in the post
- Use foil or parchment paper to cover your baking sheet, give it a spritz of nonstick spray.
- Roll our your dough so that it reaches the edges of your baking pan.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, add your dough to the oven and par-bake for about 6 minutes.
- Carefully remove from the oven and spread the Alfredo sauce to al the edges. Top with the shaved ham.
- Bake until the dough is golden brown and the top is slightly toasty.
- Tunr OFF your oven. Cut out your ghosts, then place on top of the tart and pop in the oven for a minute or so to soften but not totally melt. Keep a close eye. Add your beans for your eyes and mouth.