If I have said it once, I have said it 100 times, I can’t bake. So when Original Tipsy and my cousin both mentioned a three ingredient cobbler my Grandma used to make, my ears perked right up. Three ingredients, no mess, I am IN! So I made this recipe and holy cow, my mind was blown by how good it was.
You literally need three ingredients:
- One Box of Yellow Cake Mix
- 2 Sticks of Butter
- 2 Large Cans of Pie Filling, about 4 Cups total
The rest goes like this:
- Melt the butter and spread some of it in the bottom of a skillet or a baking dish. I used my cast iron skillet.
- Sprinkle half the cake mix in the bottom of the dish.
- Spread all the pie filling on top.
- Top with the rest of the cake mix and pour the remaining butter all over the top. Mix in a little bit with a fork.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until you see the cobbler bubbling and brown.
- Serve by itself or topped with whipped cream or ice cream.
This was so delicious that Mr. Tipsy and I literally stood at the counter eating it straight out of the skillet. If you need a dessert that will wow your guests. This is it!
For another great dessert, check out my recipe for Butter Dream Cookies