Chicken In Lemon Cream Sauce
This recipe is fairly simple, but it is definitely not a easy weeknight meal. This is a nice dinner to make when you have some time to pour a glass of wine, put your favorite show on television and are prepared to spend some time in the kitchen. I can’t remember where or when I have a Chicken In A Lemon Cream Sauce, but I know I have and that is why I wanted to make it. The recipe sort of came about in a Fridge Forage situation, these are the ingredients I had on hand. I needed to make a few adjustments but I think this recipe is a keeper. Here is what you will need to make Chicken In Lemon Cream Sauce.
- 3 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, I cut mine up to have smaller, thinner pieces.
- 2 Medium Sized Lemons, Juice them and reserve the juice and Zest one so that you have at least 1 T of Zest
- 6 Cloves of Garlic, Smashed
- 1 Block Of Cream Cheese
- 1 C of Chicken Broth
- 1/2 C of Heavy Cream
- Italian Seasoning
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Olive Oil
- 2 T of Corn Starch
The steps are as follows:
- In a bowl combine the lemon juice, zest, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper. Whisk and set aside.
- Heat a skillet with about 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Rinse your chicken breasts and pat dry.
- Add the chicken to the hot pan and sear off on both sides for about 5 to 6 minutes on each side.
- When the chicken is browned, reduce the heat, add the lemon juice mixture to pan and use your spoon to scrape up the brown bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Let the chicken simmer for a couple minutes in the lemon juice, then add the chicken broth, bring to a simmer, reduce the heat to low, cover the pan and let the chicken cook for about 30 minutes.
- When the 30 minutes is up, check to make sure your chicken is cooked fully through. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Leave the heat on low, cube the cream cheese and add to the liquid in the pan you cooked the chicken in.
- Using a whisk, whisk until the cream cheese dissolves completely and the mixture is smooth.
- Dissolve the corn starch in about 1/4 C of water and add to the cream cheese mixture, whisking constantly until the sauce thickens.
- Add in the heavy whipping cream at the end and stir until it is well combined.
- Add the chicken back into the sauce. Add more black pepper, salt and Italian Seasoning to taste.
I served this chicken on top of some buttery mashed potatoes. It would also be good on rice or even just on their own. The sauce is a decadent and rich treat and the chicken breasts are super tender and juicy. The tangy lemon and herbs really makes this dish special. I hope you enjoy this dish as much as we did!
If you like this recipe CLICK HERE for lots more!
You must log in to post a comment.