Air Fryer Crab Rangoons
Air Fryer Crab Rangoons
These air fryer crab rangoons take a little bit of work. The beauty of this recipe is that it yields a large portion. The extras can be frozen and taken out of the freezer to air fry when you have a craving. They cook up in about ten minutes in your air fryer. This makes them perfect for snacking or for a quick appetizer.
Be Prepared With Having Your Ingredients Ready
When making this recipe for air fryer crab rangoon it is best to have all of your ingredients prepped. This makes it easier to assemble when it is time to fill your won tons. I recommend doing all of your dicing and mincing at once then all you have to do is stir and assemble.
The Importance Of Marinating
I like to let the veggies and the sauces marinate a little bit in a bowl before adding them to the cream cheese crab mixture. You will see this step in the recipe. This allows the flavors to meld together and cuts down on some of the sharpness of the ginger and garlic.
Time To Get Cooking
The easy step by step recipe is linked below. Enjoy! Cook times on all air fryers may vary, I would recommend testing out one or two and adjust time and temp to your air fryer.
Air Fryer Crab Rangoon
These crab rangoon take a little bit of time to make but the good news is yields a large batch that you can freeze and pop in the air fryer when you are craving a delicious appetizer.
- 1 package of won ton wrappers
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- 1/4 cup of finely diced water chestnuts
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed, finely diced
- 6 green onions, sliced thin, white and green parts separated
- 1 4.24 ounce can of white crab meat
- 2 teaspoons of finely diced ginger
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons of rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons of soy sauce
- 1 egg whisked
- Combine the white parts of the green onions with the jalapeño, water chestnuts, garlic, ginger, soy and Worcestershire sauces, rice wine vinegar and let this sit combined for about 30 minutes.
- Let the cream cheese soften and combine it with the crab. Drain the crab before adding to the cream cheese. Add in most of the green parts of the green onions, reserving some for garnish. Make sure you whip this by hand or with a hand mixer until creamy.
- After the veggies and sauces have marinated for 30 minutes, fold it into the cream cheese mixture until well combined.
- Working in batches, add about a tablespoon to each square won ton wrapper, dip your finger in the whisked egg and rub egg all along the edges of the whole wrapper.
- Bring two corners together over the mound of the crab mixture (like a taco) and use your finger dipped in egg to seal the edges together. Then bring the other two corners together and press into the fold of the first seal. Use the egg on your finger to seal any openings. Make sure you are wrapping the crab mixture with little air or space around them.
- Place these on a cookie sheet with parchment paper thats been sprayed with non stick spray and let the rangoons freeze. Then you can store in portions in ziploc bags.
- Remove from freezer and thaw for 15 minutes, preheat air fryer to 350 degrees for 10 minutes, spray the rangoons with oil or brush them and place in the air fryer for about 10 minutes or until they are golden brown. All air fryers are different, adjust time and temp to your air fryer. I recommend testing one or two before cooking a whole batch to test your timing and temp.
- Serve with sweet chili dipping sauce.
You must log in to post a comment.