Poppy Seed Salad
Poppy Seed Salad
Poppy Seed Salad is the perfect salad for the warmer weather. Made with crispy vegetables, creamy avocado and delicious chicken. This salad on its own is a complete meal. The Poppy Seed dressing is simple to make. Make extra because it is delicious on everything and keeps in the fridge for a couple of weeks.
Eat The Rainbow
The vegetables in this salad are colorful and fresh and really add to the aesthetics of this dish. You can easily swap the veggies for whatever vegetables you have on hand. I recommend using a variety of veggies in different colors so that your salad looks as beautiful as this one does. Be sure to cut your vegetables in even pieces so that every bite of your salad is consistent.
A Simple Dressing
The poppy seed dressing is a simple one to make. I make extra when I make this dressing as it goes great on any veggies or salad. This salad lasts at least a week in a container with a tight fitting lid. I know that everyone has “feelings” about using vegetable oil but I think this oil is most mild in flavor. I would also use avocado oil if you are against vegetable oil, or any of these healthier oils.
- For The Salad
- 4 cups of arugula
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup mandarin orange slices, drained
- 1/4 tp 1/2 cup diced red onions
- 1 cup of diced grilled chicken, or chicken lunchmeat
- 1/2 cup of red peppers diced
- 1/2 cup of snow peas, chopped
- 1 medium sized seedless cucumber, diced
- For The Dressing
- 1/2 cup of rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup of light tasting oil like avocado or vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 2 T of white sugar (adjust more or less for your taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried parsley
- 1.5 tablespoons of poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons of mayo
- salt and pepper to taste
- Toss all of the salad ingredients together.
- Combine all the ingredients for the dressing and whisk until the dry ingredients are incorporated. This dressing can be used right away, but I recommend making it a couple of hours in advance or even overnight before serving.
All The Summer Salads
If you love Summer salads, give my Sausage and Peppers Tortellini Salad a try. This is a great Summer pasta salad that is also a complete meal. Everyone who has made it so far has loved it.