Creamy Aloha Dressing
Creamy Aloha Dressing
Creamy Aloha Salad Dressing is an unexpected surprise dressing. Made with mayo, cream cheese, pineapple juice, honey and some seasonings and herbs, this dressing will go perfectly with any salad. I highly recommend a salad with pecans, goat cheese and dried cranberries. This dressing would be great on any salad with a bbq twist and a great dip for bbq chicken.
This dressing would be wonderful for your holiday dinner salad. it pairs so well with all the flavors of the season. I love a savory, sweet flavor that is also creamy. I also enjoy this dressing on a bbq chicken salad and to dip the bbq chicken tenders in.
See The Recipe Card Below
There is a full, printable recipe card below. You can print this recipe, or hit the print button and you will have a one pager to screen shot. There is also a Pinterest button where you can save this to your Pinterest page. If you would like to follow me on Pinterest, you can find me, and my recipes ideas there at The Tipsy Housewife.
This may seem like an odd choice for a salad dressing. I get that. But trust me when I tell you that the sweet and tangy acid of this juice adds some great flavor to this dressing. This dressing does not have vinegar in it, so this adds that component that a vinegar would without the harsh bite of vinegar. This adds a full flavored, yet smooth flavor and texture to this dressing.
- 2 cups of your favorite Mayonnaise
- 4 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- 1 small can of pineapple juice (6 ounces), I used the low sugar one (pictured in post)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of honey ( taste and add as needed)
- 2 tablespoons of dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Squeeze of fresh lemon juice (to taste)
- Add your mayo and cream cheese to a bowl and use an immersion blender or you can use a blender to blend the cream cheese and mayo until smooth.
- Slowly add the pineapple juice and blend until smooth
- Add your honey a little at a time, blend and taste.
- Add the rest of the seasonings a little at time, blend, taste and adjust. Reminder that if you use a salt it gets saltier as it sits in this so do not use too much, you can always add more later.
- Add the fresh lemon. Blend until smooth, put in a jar or bowl, cover and let sit in fridge four hours.
- Should last up to a week refrigerated.
- Use on salads, sandwiches or as a dipping sauce for bbq chicken.