Candied bacon is life changing. It will wow your friends and family. It takes very little work but a lot of time. The only bad part of making candied bacon is having to use self control and not eat all of it yourself.
- Feeds – 4 to 6 People
- Prep Time – 5 Minutes
- Cook Time – 3 to 4 Hours
- Level Of Difficulty – Very Easy
- Store in fridge for up to one week
2 packages of Bacon (I prefer thick cut)
3 to 4 T of Brown Sugar
Smoked Paprika (to taste)
Chili Powder (to taste)
Fresh Ground Black Pepper (to taste)
- Pre-heat oven to 250 degrees
- Spread bacon slices on cookie sheets, you can place the bacon close together, it shrinks as it cooks.
- Sprinkle each piece of bacon with brown sugar, chili powder, paprika, and pepper.
- Place in oven and bake for up to 4 hours.
- Every oven is different and the cook time will depend on this and how thick you bacon is.
- Check bacon every 30 minutes to make sure it isn’t burning.
- You do not need to flip the bacon while it cooks.
- Bacon is done when it is a golden brown color and the consistency will be of a very tender jerky.