My Aunt Nita makes some of my favorite appetizer recipes ever. This linguine salad is a recipe she has been making since the 1980’s! I don’t make it too often and I am not sure why. Every Summer I have such a taste for it so I make a large batch and Mr. Tipsy and I enjoy it all week-long. It keeps in the fridge for many days, in fact, the longer it sits, the better it tastes. This is a perfect salad to take to a party, to take camping or just have on hand for busy Summer days. It can be eaten as a side or as a complete meal. Here is what you need to buy:
- 1 Box of Linguine, Cooked according to the package directions and completely cooled. I like to use Barilla Pasta because it holds up really well in this salad.
- 1 Bottle of Prepared Italian Salad Dressing, for this recipe I like to use Classic Italian from Wishbone.
- 1 2.62 ounce bottle of McCormick Salad Supreme Seasoning, this is my Aunt’s secret ingredient, but she said I can tell you.
- 1 Seedless Cucumber, diced.
- 1 Red Pepper, diced.
- 1/2 C of Diced Black Olives
- 1 C of Cherry Tomatoes, diced.
The process is simple:
- Rinse the pasta really well under cold water and let it drain.
- In a large bowl pour the salad dressing in and add the entire bottle of the McCormick Salad Supreme Seasoning and whisk until blended in.
- Toss in all your diced veggies and then your pasta and toss to coat really well.
- Let sit in the fridge 4 to 6 hours before serving.
**pro tip, make sure you prepare the pasta al dente because it will soften as it sits in the dressing.
This dish will become one your friends and family ask you to bring to every party. It is so simple. The only trick is to using the specific seasoning and dressing I listed above. I hope you enjoy!
For another great party dish check out my recipe for these MINI CUCUMBER CREAM CHEESE SANDWICHES