The Best Pork Chops Ever
The Best Pork Chops Ever
This recipe for The best Pork Chops Ever is a fan favorite. The addition of the Oven Fry makes these so simple to prepare and the honey mustard glaze is next level.
This was one of those recipes that I made on a whim and it came together perfectly. I had been having a taste for Pork Chops and saw that the 1 inch cut, bone in, chops were on sale at my local Shop & Save. I had been inspired by a dish I had recently and knew I wanted to make something crispy with a honey mustard component. The recipe I came up with made the best dinner ever.
Full, Printable Recipe
- 4 Large Pork Chops about 1 Inch Thick, Bone In
- 1 Box of Oven Fry for Pork made by Kraft Foods
- 2 Eggs
- 4 Tablespoons of Butter
- 2 T of Honey
- 1 T of Yellow Mustard
- 1 T of Vinegar, I used Red Wine Vinegar
- 3 to 4 T Fresh Parsley, Minced
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- Let the pork chops sit out for about 30 minutes before prepping them.
- Let the eggs sit out for about 30 minutes after whisking them.
- Dry the pork chops really well on all sides with paper towels.
- Set yourself up a breading area with the egg, oven fry, chops and an empty plate to make it easy on yourself.
- Bread the chops following these steps
- Dip a chop in the egg mixture making sure to coat all sides.
Then press the chop down into the oven fry, turn to get all the edges and opposite sides.
- Place chops on plate while you do the remaining chops.
- Prepare a baking sheet with foil and non stick spray and place the chops on the sheet while heating the oven to 375 to 400 degrees depending on how hot your oven gets.
- Then sprinkle a little bit of the oven fry on top of the chops with a pat of butter on top of each chop.
- My oven runs pretty hot so I baked these for about 20 minutes before they were done.
- While the chops bake, prepare the honey mustard glaze by whisking together the honey, vinegar, mustard, half the parsley and paprika.
- Remove the chops from the oven, turn off the oven, drizzle the chops with the honey mustard glaze and place the sheet pan back in the oven (that is turned off) for about 5 to 7 minutes so the glaze bakes on. Reserve the remaining glaze for dipping.
- Remove the chops from the oven, plate and sprinkle with the remaining parsley. We had pan friend onions and potato pierogis with these chops and it was the perfect meal. There were just a few leftovers and I used the remaining chops and honest mustard for a salad for lunch the next day.
Oven Fry Is Your Friend
Kraft Foods makes this awesome product called Oven Fry which I use for Chicken and Pork. I love using it for this recipe because it makes the chops so crispy and requires no frying. You can also use Panko crumbs if you prefer but I highly recommend giving this oven fry a try!
This recipe was certainly a surprise hit. I will be adding it to my regular dinner rotation. The bone in pork chops are key in this recipe because they make the finished dish so much more juicy. The honey mustard glaze adds such a delicious sticky sweet touch. I hope you love this recipe as much as we do! I think you will agree that these are the best pork chops ever.
For another great recipe check out my recipe for Skillet Scalloped Potato Shepherds Pie