Pickley Buffalo Chicken Dip
Pickley Buffalo Chicken Dip
This pickley buffalo chicken dip is a classic. What makes this buffalo chicken dip unique is that I add pickle juice and dill to my recipe. I also serve my buffalo chicken dip with mini pickles, or cornichons. This dip is great for snack night, a party, game night, or just to enjoy on your own!
The full, printable and Pinterest pin-able recipe is at the end of this recipe post. But I have a few tips and tricks, plus pictures before the recipe for those who need more clarification.
Sharp Cheddar is Grate
For most of my recipes where the cheese needs to be melted, I always choose to grate my cheese. I think that the cheese just melts better when you grate it yourself. This buffalo chicken dip is extra delicious with the sharp cheddar cheese. It pairs really well with the pickley flavors. You can feel free to use any cheese you like.
I like to buy a rotisserie chicken when I make this. I use only the white meat, specifically the breasts for this recipe. You are welcome to use any of the chicken that you prefer. My local store has two for $13 chickens so I get two and make my Chicken Salad with one and this buffalo chicken dip with the other. My chicken salad is another picklelicious recipe.
I like to use the teeny tiny pickles for this recipe. The tiny cornichon fir perfectly in the scoops tortillas I use to dip this dip. You can use any pickle you like. Sometimes I finely dice the pickles and sprinkle them all over the top of the dip when it comes out of the oven. You can also serve pickle slices on the side, as those sit nicely in the scoop cups as well. If you don’t like pickles you can leave the pickles, the juice and the dill out of this recipe completely.
- 1 8 ounce package of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup of mayo
- 2 to 3 cups of finely diced cooked chicken ( I use chicken breast from a rotisserie chicken)
- 5 ounces of Franks Red Hot Sauce
- 2 tablespoons of dill pickle juice
- 3 to 4 cups of sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried dill
- black pepper to taste
- 1 jar of mini pickles (cornichon) I use dill, you can use sweet or any kind of pickles you like
- You can use any chicken you like or even canned chicken. I use rotisserie chicken and only use the breast meat. I finely dice it and use about 2 to 3 cups. You can use as much or as little chicken as you prefer.
- Add the chicken to a bowl and add the hot sauce, pickle juice, dill, onion powder and black pepper. Give this all a good stir to combine it all.
- Cut your cream cheese up into very small cubes, add that and the mayo to the chicken mixture and stir well to combine.
- I like to buy a block of cheese and grate it myself, as I think it melts better. Add the majority of the cheese after it is shredded to the chicken mixture. Stir well to combine.
- Add the the chicken mixture to a 9 inch square pan or pie pan.
- Top with the remaining cheese.
- Please note before you bake that all ovens are different and bake times will vary. Cover your dip with a piece of foil. Bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes. Then uncovered until the top is bubbly and brown. You will know when the dip is done when it is bubbly and brown and "scoopable" with chips.
- You can finely dice your pickles and sprinkle them on the top or serve them on the sides. I buy the super small and tiny pickles which are called cornichon. I like to put them right in the chip. I think the scoops chips are best for this dip.