This recipe was made for the instant pot but it can also be made in a stock pot. Follow the same steps but allow the meat to simmer in the stock pot for 4 to 6 hours on low. Follow the steps for the tomato paste and basil as the instant pot. This can also be made in a slow cooker set on low for 8 to 10 hours and add the paste and basil in the last hour of cooking.
2 Lbs Boneless Beef Shortribs
4 C Crushed Tomatoes
3 T Tomato Paste
6 Cloves of Garlic
1/2 C Minced Carrot
1 C Minced Onion (yellow)
- Sauté carrots, onions and garlic in some of the olive oil.
- Transfer carrots, onions and garlic to the instant pot.
- In the same pan sear off the short ribs on all sides. Salt and Pepper as you go.
- Transfer short ribs to the instant pot.
- Add the Crushed Tomatoes to the Instant Pot.
- Set pot to 45 minutes on stew setting.
- Release steam.
- Set pot to sauté and add the tomato paste, Basil and more salt and pepper to taste. I also add a couple teaspoons of sugar but if you’re doing whole 30 you can omit this.
- Simmer 15 more minutes.
- Serve on top of your favorite pasta or pasta alternative.
- Also makes a great sandwich or even to eat on its own. lol