1 Large Whole Chicken ~ Intact
2 Medium Sized Onions ~ Diced
1 Large Shallot ~ Diced
4 Large Carrots ~ Unpeeled, Diced
1 Bunch of Celery ~ Diced Including Leaves
3 Cloves Garlic Minced
1 T White Sugar
2 Idaho Potatoes ~ Peeled and Diced
3 Parsnips ~ Peeled and Diced
1 Box Frozen Spinach
1 C Frozen Corn
2 Cartons Chicken Broth
2 Packets of Goya Sazon
1 Small Bag Frozen Tortellini
1 Bag Egg Noodles
3 to 4 T of Fresh Minced Parsley
**This makes a TON so I freeze half and save it for a later date and/or I share with pretty much everyone I know.
- Add some oil or butter to a large soup pot.
- Add in carrots, onions, celery, shallots and garlic and let them soften and brown a little.
- Add in the sugar and turn down the heat to low, cover and let it all “sweat” for about 15 minutes.
- Add in broth and whole chicken and Goya seasoning, bring to a boil and then turn down heat to low. Cover with a lid but leave it slightly askew.
- Let cook on low about 4 hours, the longer the better.
- After 4 hours take the chicken out and put it in a colander and let it drain back into the pot.
- Remove all the meat from the chicken minus the skin and return to pot, discard bones and skin.
- Add in potato, parsnips, spinach, frozen corn, let simmer for another hour.
- Add in tortellini and parsley, simmer for another 20 minutes.
- Boil egg noodles on the side and add to the bowls when ladling the soup.