Recently I started ordering Imperfect Produce, more details about that later. Because of this, I have a ton of fresh and fabulous produce at my fingertips, which has inspired me to create more veggie dishes. This Red Potato and Kale dish is a perfect side dish to any protein, and are satisfying enough to eat on their own. I have to warn you. They are addicting. The steps are simple and anyone can make them!
- 6 Medium Sized Red Potatoes
- 2 to 4 Large Kale Leaves
- 1/3 C Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 2 to 4 T of Olive Oil
- 1 T Garlic Powder
- Salt & Pepper
- Boil the Potatoes with the skin on until soft. I add some salt to the water while it is boiling.
- Spray a sheet pan with non stick spray and pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees.
- When the potatoes are just starting to soften in the boiling water, drain them and place them on the sheet pan.
- Using a potato masher, press down on each potato until they look like a mushed up mess. It is ok if they are touching.
- Lightly drizzle the olive oil across all the potatoes.
- Sprinkle the potatoes with the salt, pepper and garlic powder, then the parmesan cheese.
- Strip the kale from their stems and mince very fine.
- Sprinkle the kale all over the tops of the potatoes and lightly drizzle again with olive and add a little more salt and pepper.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 25 minutes or until you see the potatoes and the kale getting super crispy.
I can promise you that this recipe will be added to your regular cooking schedule. Even the kids ate it as a snack after school. It is even better with a great dill mayo or ranch dressing as a topper!
You must log in to post a comment.