This is a great dish to serve for breakfast or for a side dish for a special meal. These Fancy Crockpot Potatoes make a great weeknight meal when you want something easy and vegetarian. You can add sliced or crumbled sausage to make it meaty. You only need a few ingredients and you literally dump this all in the crockpot and forget about it until it’s ready. Here is what you need to make these Fancy Crockpot Potatoes:
- 1 30 oz Bag of Frozen Hasbrowns
- 2 Cans of Cream of Celery Soup
- 2 C of Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 2 C of French Fried Onions
- 4 Green Onions, sliced thin
- 1 Envelope of Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1 Packet Onion Soup Mix
- 1 C of Heavy Whipping Cream
- Black Pepper to taste
All you need to make this dish is a slow cooker and a spoon. If you don’t have a slow cooker, these can easily be made in a casserole dish and baked at 350 degrees for one hour. Following the same steps as the crockpot directions below.
Here is what you need to do to make the Fancy Crockpot Potatoes:
- Set your slow cooker to high for 6 hours, if you need to make these while away, you can cook on low for 8 hours.
- Spray the inside of your crock with non stick spray.
- Add your frozen potatoes, and mix in the onion soup mix, ranch dressing, the two cans of soup, the black pepper and the heavy whipping cream. Stir well, cover and cook for 5 hours.
- At the 5 hour mark, uncover, cover the top of the potatoes with one cup of the cheese, mix in until it is well combined. Then top the rest with the cheddar cheese, then most of the crispy onions and the most of the green onions. Cover and let cook for one more hour.
- When cooking has finished, let sit for 20 minutes uncovered. You can then serve in squares, garnish with some crispy onion and green onion.
This is a great vegetarian dish but can also be doctored up with bacon or sausage for a more meaty flavor. If you wanted, crispy bacon crumbles would be great for the top. This dish makes a hearty Thanksgiving morning breakfast and a side dish for your favorite protein. We gobbled these up! I hope you enjoy this dish as much as we did!
For another easy recipe for Pot Roast Meatballs, CLICK HERE